Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New job

Today I start work at Office Depot. I turned in my application for them eight weeks ago and I'm finally ready to start work with them. I bought my light blue dress shirts, though I have some returns to make because I can never seem to remember my size.

I worked for Target summers and holiday seasons for five years and I'll bet technology has made what was an easy job even easier. What made the job a pain was the customers. Technology has probably made them feel like they should get everything even faster than before and made them feel even more entitled to getting what they want when they want it.

I'll probably do some cashier training today, figure out where the time clock is, get my employee discount card(!), use my employee discount card to buy stuff, and maybe figure out how the stockroom works. I also hope to get to know some co-workers and take their temperatures on what it is like to work at this Office Depot. The ones I've met so far seem happy to work there. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Ted said...

Congrats! Have a great day on your first day of your new job. How'd Dawn's interview go yesterday?