Saturday, June 02, 2007

Time wasters

I'm not sure what to blog about this morning. The last couple of days I've played a few more hours over my intended limit of computer games. I suppose this tends to numb my mind so I don't feel much like following any threads of thought in reality. I've been playing Starcraft, a space real-time strategy game, on the single player mode. This game came out in 1998 right before I entered high school. I never played the single player because my friends wanted me to play multiplayer over the Internet with them. It was the newest, most exciting thing. I remember the computer and modem I was playing on always being a bit slower than my friends' whose parents always bought them the best computers. And the best gaming consoles like Nintendo, Play Station, etc.

Of course, now they are working on Starcraft II which will come out ten years after its predecessor. If I've learned anything about gaming and technology in general, it is this: there is never a shortage of things to waste your time and money on.

No comments: