I love thunderstorms. I woke up this morning to darkness at 8:00am and found that we were about to be hit by this huge line of storms being blown out of the north. I'm not sure I've seen that much red on the Doppler radar before. I took a video of the clouds with my Palm. So, I'm blogging until the power goes out. I love the autosave feature they put on blogger. I can't lose much that way.I really enjoy being inside during a thunderstorm and watching the clouds and lightning and hearing the thunder.

I'm a big fan of clouds, too. I took several pictures from the plane on the approach to Dallas a couple of weeks ago. It is too exciting. I was a big fan of the movie Twister growing up. There is something about the idea of winds so powerful that they can pull large, heavy objects and throw them several yards or even carry them several miles. I'm in awe of that.It has been raining almost every day for the last two weeks here. We are well out of our drought. For the month of May, we've gotten almost eight inches of rain, which is like five times as much rain as last year, apparanetly. It has been cloudy and dark for a while, and I've been home most all day during that. I can't say that I've saved much for a rainy day, much less 10 rainy days.

2 comments:
Wow! I don't think I've seen that much red on a radar view before either!!
Did you survive? I didn't see anything on the news about the greater Dallas area being obliterated, but that sure looks like what was about to happen!!
Post a Comment