I believe in JesusThis song was published in 1987 by Mercy Publishing, who published most of the worship songs that I grew up on. I woke up this morning with it in my head. In fact, I often wake up with certain worship songs going through my head, and there is really no reason why. I haven't heard this song is years and years.
I believe He is the Son of God
I believe He died and rose again
I believe He paid for us all
And I believe He's here now
Standing in our midst
Here with the power to heal now
And the grace to forgive
Maybe it is God's way of speaking to me in the morning; his way of giving me a chance to spend time with him and to remember him. I'm convinced that my best avenue of communing with God is through music. As my clarinet teacher, Daryl Coad, said, "As much as I like Christian worship music, nothing speaks to me about God more than a good Mozart or Brahms symphony."
I agree with Mr. Coad. Playing great repertoire on the clarinet that God provided using the talent that he gave feels pretty great. I often feel most at peace when in rehearsal or while practicing or when listening to classical music. All of the stress of theology and the worry about my struggles and my lack of desire and faith towards God melts away when I get to experience him through music. That gives me a lot of hope that I'm in the right profession.

No comments:
Post a Comment