Dear reader,
How have you been? I am doing fantastically because I’m enjoying my last spring break of my undergraduate career. I plan to graduate from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a bachelor’s degree in music on May 12, 2006. During my time here at CU, God has taught me more than I could have ever imagined. Still, I believe I am only starting to see the fullness of who God is and His plan for my life. He’s provided the chance for me to attend graduate school in the fall, where I hope to pursue a master’s degree in music education. My choices have now been narrowed to two places: University of North Texas and University of Northern Colorado.
Before I take this next big step in my life, I feel God’s desire to begin teaching me something very significant: His love for every person around the world. I belong to the College Ministries at Cornerstone Church of Boulder Valley where I learned about the chance to spend six weeks this summer in Southeast Asia. I will be on a team with four other college students from Cornerstone Church. We plan to teach English, learn some of the local language and customs, and most importantly share and demonstrate Christ’s love for the people we meet.
I am writing mainly because I need your help in getting to Southeast Asia. The expenses for the trip, including orientation, airfare, housing and food, total $3500. You can help in two ways. First, you could pray for me before, during, and after my trip. Pray because it is God that determines if I go on this trip at all; its success is in His hands. Second, you may send money to help cover the cost. Please prayerfully consider supporting me in one or both of these ways. I understand that you may often receive several requests of this kind, so please give if you feel led out of a cheerful heart, not out of guilt.
If you decide to send money, could you let me know by May 5? The trip is from June 5 – July 15, 2006, so that will give me enough time to have my finances squared away. You may make out your check to Cornerstone Church and follow the instructions on the enclosed card. Any gift you make is tax deductible. You can also stay updated with what is going on this summer by visiting the blog we have set up for our trip: http://cstonealpha.blogspot.com.
Thanks, reader, for taking the time to read my letter and thanks for caring for me. I hope we get the chance to talk again soon. Have a great spring!
Sincerely,
Justin
- Since you don't have the whole package, send me an email at justin.mathis@colorado.edu if you want to contribute. I'll give you the address you can send your check to, etc. God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment