I've been asked to read In the Name of Jesus by Henri Nouwen, and I am realizing how annointed he is. That is to say, Henri Nouwen is annointed. Jesus is annointed too, though. Yes.
I've already been bowled-over, and I'm only in the first third of the first chapter:
I am deeply convinced that the Christian leader of the future is called to be completely irrelevant and to stand in this world with nothing to offer but his or her own vulnerable self. . .The leaders of the future will be those who dare to claim their irrelevance in the contemporary world as a divine vocation that allows them to enter into a deep solidarity with the anguish underlying all the glitter of success, and to bring the light of Jesus there."This makes me think - am I a Christian leader of the future? Look back to the My resume of failure post. Talk about encouraging. I love how certain speakers or writers can, in usually just a few words, validate my whole experience in life. It must be God.

1 comment:
". . . deep solidarity with the anguish underlying all the glitter of success . . ."
I think this is what you mom has been calling "the Underground."
Great post. Thanks.
-- Dad
Post a Comment