I grew up in a house which was filled with music. My dad has been a guitarist for longer than I've lived, and he's probably lead worship more times than I could imagine. I have really fond memories falling asleep to contemporary worship songs with amazingly intimate, poetic, and deeply expressive lyrics. This is a song I've been thinking about recently, and it's probably one of my all-time favorites:
In the stillness of this hour
I worship you my Lord
Crying holy is the Lord on high
In the quiet of my heart
I sing this song of praise
Crying holy is the Lord on high
And for all my days
I will bow down before you
Giving glory and honor
To your name
And for all of my life
I will worship and adore you
Crying holy is the Lord on high.
Copyright © 1989 Mercy Publishing. All rights reserved. International copyright secured.
Lord, make my hour still and my heart quiet. Let me find you there.
2 comments:
mmmmmmmmm... :) that makes me all warm and tingly inside. I love that song too
Me too!
Post a Comment