I got a job!
I am the new Assistant Band Director for a 3A district in a town about 25 miles west of where I live. A mere 35-minute commute on a rural highway and I'm there!
My official title is 6th Grade Band Coordinator and Woodwind Specialist, though I work with all levels of students: 6th through 12 grade; beginning, middle, and high school concert and marching bands! I'm part of a three man team. The head high school director is a brass player and the other assistant director does middle school and coordinates percussion. I really like these guys and I think we will have some great chemistry when working together. I'm happy with the fact that everybody does everything - we all teach beginner classes as well as conduct ensembles.
I have to go to "work" now, meaning student teaching, so I'll update with more details when I know them! Thanks for your prayers and support this semester. My search that began in January is now over! Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awesome! Congratulations!
Post a Comment