Sunday, October 21, 2007

Recording is cool

I bought the XtremeMac Micromemo recorder for my iPod. I performed in front of the 55 clarinet students at UNT on Friday and recorded my performance for you to hear if you click this link (4.5MB). You can also right-click and click "save link as..." to download it to your computer.

The recording is of Etude No. 5 of 16 Etudes Modern by Paul Jeanjean, a French composer. This piece was a challenge for me when it came to the musical interpretation because the tempo was all very flexible and the form and phrasing was not very straight forward. I tried to pace it so that the listener didn't get bored, but so that I took enough time in moments that needed it. I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I played your solo in my meeting this morning!

phyllis mathis said...

Justin, your playing is gorgeous. I listened with the earphones on so I could get the maximum sound. Beautissimo!