This picture was taken just after our graduation two weeks before he was diagnosed with Hodgkins Desease. He has been through four major chemotherapy sessions (6 weeks each) and lots of radiation. In January he found out that he had a malignant nodal relapse and would probably need a bone marrow transplant. His insurance only covers part of this operation.Yesterday I found out that the CU Bassoon Quartet is going to have a benefit concert for him to raise money to pay for the operation. This quartet is made up of his friends in the bassoon studio at the University of Colorado-Boulder. They have some really great publicity and apparently hung their posters all over the city of Boulder. I am excited to see how the community responds, and certainly all of Darrel's friends. I believe there is a way to donate if you go to the website, so check it out.

No comments:
Post a Comment